Shoes for crawling, walking, skipping and jumping
When it comes to baby footwear, you may be surprised to know that allowing your little one to stay barefoot for as long as possible is better for foot development. However, there are also situations when you simply can’t leave your baby’s feet exposed.
In looking for the best footwear for delicate, growing feet, podiatrists and paediatricians advise parents to look for non-toxic or organic baby shoes that are soft and flexible. In fact, any foot covering — whether it’s socks, booties, sandals or shoes — can’t be too loose nor too tight. This way, your baby’s feet are able to move freely, and the toes are never forced to bend unnaturally.
Top brands and styles to choose from
As your baby goes through different growth stages, they need the right kind of footwear that’s safe, comfortable and durable. At Kidd & Co, we have all your baby’s footwear needs covered by well-loved baby and children’s brands, including the following:
- Toshi organic booties and socks — Fabulously soft and made from the finest certified 100% organic cotton yarn, Toshi organic cotton baby booties and socks are supremely comfortable. The delicate pom pom ties ensure the booties are secure on your baby’s tiny, restless feet while protecting them from the heat and cold.
- Tikitot baby shoes — All Tikitot baby shoes are handmade, using only soft, high-quality leather while featuring flexible soles plus the convenience of Velcro fastenings.
- Saltwater sandals — Ideal for summer outings, Saltwater sandals have a leather upper sole and lining for cooling comfort. The adjustable width and ankle straps keep the sandals secure on dainty feet. They come with lightweight, flexible soles and in a range of styles and colours.
- Little Mazoe’s shoes and sandals — Made from soft premium leather and boasting flexible alphabet rubber or hard soles (based on size), baby footwear by Little Mazoe’s are not to be ignored.
- Crywolf rain boots — For babies out on an adventure, PVC-free Crywolf rain boots are the ideal footwear. Made from waterproof, lightweight and flexible natural vulcanised rubber, these cotton-lined sustainable baby shoes have a high-grip tread for your baby’s safety.
- Pretty Brave baby shoes — All Pretty Brave baby footwear is lightweight and handmade from soft, natural leather and designed with your child’s foot development in mind. Pretty Brave baby shoes feature superb detailing and Velcro straps for a secure, comfortable fit. Best of all, they’re free from any sort of nasty chemicals like chromium VI, azo dyes and formaldehyde.
- Walnut boots and sneakers — For fashionable big babies, Walnut boots and sneakers are the perfect choices. Made from durable, soft leather, Walnut footwear is known for being a comfortable and stylish choice.
Shop comfortable eco-friendly baby shoes today
Whether your little one is still crawling about, trying to take those first steps or is really picking up speed, Kidd & Co is bound to have the perfect pairs of organic baby shoes to see them through each exciting early stage of life. Browse our collection today.
What colours and styles of organic baby shoes does Kidd & Co offer?
Since we feature several brands of eco baby shoes, we’re also able to offer a wide range of organic baby shoes for different age groups in various styles, colours and sizes. Our range of baby shoes includes booties, sandals, sneakers, rain boots and so much more.
At what age should a baby start wearing shoes?
Although infants wear soft booties for protection from the moment they are born, experts recommend that you only allow your baby to start wearing baby shoes when they begin to walk. Even then, you also need to give your child opportunities to go barefoot at home while they are still growing.
Why should I purchase sustainable baby shoes at Kidd & Co?
At Kidd & Co, we have taken the time to curate a collection of baby shoes that is safe, non-toxic and organic — so even if your baby happens to remove their shoe and put it in their mouth, you know that they won’t be ingesting any toxins or chemicals. Not only has every pair of shoes in our collection been thoughtfully designed with the planet in mind, but Kidd & Co baby shoes are known for their comfortability and cute design.
How many hours a day should a baby wear shoes?
In general, babies should only wear shoes when they absolutely need to; that is, for protection and comfort. This means that your baby should be fine being shoeless when inside their play area or pram.