A common misconception amongst parents of newborns and toddlers is that a variety of toys and colours will benefit the child in the long term. It’s quite the opposite, which Montessori toys have demonstrated through hours of studying children playing with different types of toys. Kidd & Co provides an array of ethical toys that we categorise by age to make the selection process easier for you.
What You Should Know About Montessori Toys by Age
As adults, when there’s too much going on in front of us, we tend to become overstimulated and frazzled. Imagine how the brain of a toddler interprets various toys which we scatter around them. An excess of colour, noise and parts contributes to the child feeling overwhelmed.
- Since your child has recently entered the world, they require organised information. The most suitable toys to acquire for them are simple ones such as a puzzle consisting of a square, triangle and circle in different solid colours. You’re providing them with information about three distinct geometric shapes which they learn more about every time they interact with the puzzle.
- Montessori toys deal with reality, and since children under the age of six can’t decipher, which is fantasy and which is reality, you must teach them about real-world effects. Read stories that are real such as a tiger in a rainforest as opposed to a tiger driving a bus. Toys with real consequences such as dropping a ball down a ramp to collect it on the other side is the ideal example of a real toy.
- These toys contain natural materials that provide children with more information about their surroundings than a plastic toy. Both metal and wood have varying temperature points, weight and textures that are different for the child to experience.
What to Expect from Kidd & Co Regarding Toys from Montessori
We understand how parents want the best for their children, and it starts with toys. We’re proud to supply Montessori toys that your child can enjoy playing with while reaping the benefits.
- Apart from our physical store in Victoria Street, Bunbury, you will find the same products at our online store where you can shop at your convenience. You can take your time to browse through the various categories to identify the ideal toy for your little one.
- When you order online, you have several methods to pay for your package, including AfterPay, Zippay and Laybuy, which allows you to shop now and pay later. If you purchase before 11 AM Western Australian Standard Time, we’ll ship out your package the same day.
- When you order from our online store for more than $190, we’ll cover the cost of delivery and get it to your door free of charge.
About Kidd & Co
We are ultimately a children’s concept store and stock everything from toys to clothing. We import products from around the globe to ensure they meet a certain standard of quality.
Contact us if you have any questions or if you’d like to place your order via telephone.