Kids Educational Toys & Games
What Are Montessori Toddler Toys?
We all want the best for our children, but what makes one toy more beneficial than the other? With so many options available, understanding what a quality educational toy is and why it may benefit your child is important.
What You Should Know About Montessori Toddler Toys
So, what exactly is a Montessori toy?
- Montessori toys are different from the loud, quick-paced, electronic toys often promoted for toddlers. Montessori toys are simple and encourage learning through children being able to notice mistakes and develop a sense of independence and responsibility.
- Montessori toys were developed to give children a starting point in understanding the real world through senses such as touch. The toys were set up so children could notice mistakes on their own, promoting a sense of self-reliance and the ability to fix things themselves.
- Montessori toys are mostly made with natural materials. These materials are not only better for your child’s health but promote their ability to become accustomed to how real-world items feel. Plastic often does not promote a real-world feel in the way natural materials such as wood do.
Benefits of Montessori Toddler Toys
The benefits of Montessori toys are endless, but here are a few we think are great.
- Wooden toys are far more durable than plastic and made to last. Montessori toys primarily use wood to create safe and durable toys for children.
- We all want a better environment for our children. Montessori toys are mostly made with natural materials that are far less invasive to the environment.
- Montessori toys promote children being self-sufficient and encourage focus and determination. The flashing lights and music of most toddler-friendly toys often distract from a child’s ability to learn. Montessori toys require focus and can help children become accustomed to quiet activities in the school environment.
About Kidd & Co
Based in Bunbury, WA, we established Kidd & Co in 2018. We focus on providing what young mum’s need for their new-borns right up until the age of ten. The products we supply are ethically and sustainably sourced and contain nearly no plastic. We offer a wide range of products from clothes and décor to books and toys.
Knowing what is best for your child can be a difficult area to navigate as it is very personal. One area which you should never overlook is the toys your child plays with. So many things come to mind when worrying about your child’s safety that parents often overlook toys, but they make up an essential part of your child’s development. Montessori toys allow for safe and effective learning in a fun and encouraging way.
Omg I my kids loved this fraction set from the moment they saw it. It reminded me of my time at school. It’s easy to use and explain, there was no problem relating it to objects around my house as it’s compact and light. This is something I will hold onto for when I hopefully become a grandmother one day.